No rain, plenty to gain. The Roseburg High track and field teams — particularly the younger athletes — took a step forward in their Southwest Conference dual meets with South Medford on a comfortable spring day at Finlay Field Wednesday. Sophomore Gabrielle Kearney won all three throwing events and senior Kathryn Pitts took the long jump and triple jump for the Roseburg girls, who beat the Panthers 73-70. Jason Thomas won the 100 and 200 meters for the RHS boys, who dropped an 84-61 decision to South. “Overall, a good meet,” surmised Roseburg coach Brian Cuilty. “The (freshman) girls are …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees