GLIDE — Edith Muller-Saxton hopes the third time will be the charm and she will land on the Glide-Idleyld Sanitary District board of directors. Two years ago, Muller-Saxton lost to Don Atchison by 17 votes for Position 3 on the board. Two years earlier, Robert Briggs beat her by two votes to win the Position 4 seat. This time, Muller-Saxton, 71, is running against Donal Scott for Position 5 in the May 21 special district election. James Henry was elected to the Position 5 seat four years ago. He did not file for re-election. “I am running to be elected …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees