A Tenmile man who hit his girlfriend in the head with a baseball bat, wrapped her in plastic and left her for dead on a county road last September was sentenced to 90 months in prison Wednesday in Douglas County Circuit Court. Marcus Anthony Toler, 49, pleaded no contest to the felonies of attempted murder and kidnapping, and the misdemeanor of assault constituting domestic violence. The latter charge was connected to an earlier attack on another woman. Restitution to the victims, both former girlfriends, will be assigned once paperwork is filed with the court. Toler also will undergo 36 months …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees