WINCHESTER BAY — A 30-year-old North Bend man being held without bail in California after a crime spree Monday is the suspect in the death of a woman whose body was found the day before at a coastal viewpoint, the Oregon State Police confirmed Wednesday. OSP detectives are continuing to question Jeffrey Griffin Boyce, who is in the Marin County Jail, OSP Lt. Doug Ladd said today. Authorities have yet to release the name of the victim, though several news agencies in California and Oregon, citing friends and family, identified her as 57-year-old Kirsten Englund from Castro Valley. A couple …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees