A Roseburg man interrupted two 15-year-old boys breaking into his vehicle shortly before 5 a.m. Tuesday in the 2100 block of Fromdahl Drive, leading to their arrest, Roseburg police said. The victim followed the boys until they were stopped by police on the Stewart Parkway bridge near Stewart Park. The boys, one from Roseburg and one from Yoncalla, were arrested on suspicion of theft, unauthorized entry into a motor vehicle and violating curfew. One had a loaded handgun that was stolen from a vehicle, police said. He also had a small amount of marijuana, stolen coins and a stolen iPod. …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees