These logs are the highlights of initial emergency calls and reports to the Douglas County Dispatch Center. They do not represent all the incidents or their final outcomes. POLICE LOG Tuesday Douglas County sheriff 12:12 a.m. —A vehicle was on fire in a ditch in the area of Old Highway 99 South and Grange Road, Roseburg. 7:08 a.m. — Electrical fire in a sawmill in the 600 block of Riddle By-Pass Road. The power lines to the mill were on fire. 7:45 a.m. — A battery was stolen from a car in the 100 block of Pamela Court, Myrtle Creek. …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees