Sheila Nielsen was working in her garden Tuesday afternoon when the weather turned windy. She went inside and saw through a window a tornado tearing apart a canopy over her neighbor’s boat. The weak tornado touched down just northwest of Roseburg around 3:30 p.m. in the 400 block of Heartwood Lane and damaged the canopy, boat, and a chain link fence at Diane Mahoney’s home in The Meadows development west of Garden Valley Road. “It obliterated the canopy,” Nielsen said. “It was just whipping it around, tore it to shreds.” The fence looked like a car had hit it, and …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees