A Yoncalla man driving north on Interstate 5 near Milepost 129 around 10:30 a.m. Wednesday suffered a medical problem and crashed, Oregon State Police said today. Jack Ray Bennett, 86, hit the center barrier and came to a stop in the left lane, troopers said. Medical personnel responded and transported him to Mercy Medical Center in Roseburg. A hospital spokeswoman today said he was treated and released. His wife, Ethel Bennett, 82, was in the car at the time. She was not transported to Mercy. …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees