Roseburg police used canine Iago to track a man who ran from sheriff’s deputies and police Tuesday evening at Colliding Rivers Park in Glide, Roseburg police said today. Police say Russell Scott Finnell, 29, of Roseburg hid from Douglas County sheriff’s deputies around 5:20 p.m. at the park. Finnell was located hiding on a large rock in the middle of the river accessible by crossing the water, deputies said. They said Finnell is a known associate of Caleb “Gator” Titus, a Glide man deputies are looking for in connection with a stolen pistol and rifle and several other burglaries and …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees