ROSEBURG Man accused of tossing drugs A Roseburg man was arrested Saturday morning after he tried to break into a visitor center and attempted to throw drugs into the river, Roseburg police said today. Police said Scott Allen Wiard, 38, was seen trying to break into the Roseburg Visitors Center on Southeast Spruce Street around 8 a.m. Wiard reportedly then pulled a plastic bag out of his pocket and attempted to throw it into the river from the Washington Avenue bridge. The bag landed on the bike path and was recovered by police, who forced Wiard to the ground after …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees