A Seattle man was arrested Tuesday morning after police seized nearly three ounces of marijuana from his vehicle during a traffic stop on Interstate 5 near Myrtle Creek. Myrtle Creek Police Chief Don Brown said Michael James Callan, 37, was stopped for traffic violations while driving south at 10:30 a.m. at Milepost 106. Roseburg police and their drug-detection dog, Dora, were called to help. A search of the vehicle turned up marijuana, police said. Callan was arrested for unlawful possession of marijuana and unlawful delivery of marijuana. He was taken to Douglas County Jail and was held today in lieu …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees