Gregg Green and his wife of 24 years, Karin Hardin, have never owned a brand-new vehicle. He drives a 1998 Dodge pickup, and she drives a Honda she only described as “old.” That changed Saturday afternoon when Green received a telephone call and learned his yellow rubber duck was the first to float across the finish line at the Roseburg Rotary Duck Race at River Forks Parks. The prize: A hot yellow 2013 Chevrolet Camaro valued at $25,990 donated by Clint Newell Auto Group. Green, who when asked his age replied, “Old enough to win a car,” said he was …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees