Bruce Ericksen was outside his home west of Roseburg Friday morning chatting with a neighbor when he saw something familiar but unwelcome. A full-grown cougar stood under a tree about 125 feet away. The cat has been prowling around Ericksen’s home in the 800 block of Garden Valley Road for a few weeks. Ericksen, 69, said he ran inside to grab a gun and returned before realizing the scope was not properly adjusted. He made a second trip inside to grab a .22 Magnum. Ericksen fired a warning shot to scare the cougar away. The cat ran about 100 feet …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees