Happy 2019 from the Sutherlin Area Chamber of Commerce & Visitors Center! We are pleased to be moving forward on several networking and educational opportunities during the first quarter.
SACC members will be attending an after hour mixer on Wednesday at Robertson Shaw CPA. On Feb. 19, the group will be going to Oakland to learn more about the Oakland Economic Development. All active members are welcome to attend as well as those that are interested in learning more about chamber membership. Mixers are a great avenue to educate local businesses by introducing team members, answering specific questions about products and services and, in some cases, providing facility tours and/or samples.
Our focus last year was to bring added value to chamber membership. Keeping this in mind for 2019, we have scheduled a “Chamber 101: Getting the Most Value From Your Membership” workshop, sponsored by BBSI, at 5:30 p.m. on Feb. 11. This is where we simply educate members to utilize chamber resources and tools to increase levels of commitment, engagement and return. Another workshop that we are excited to offer to our members is “Stop and Prevent Toxic Work Environments.” This will be conducted on Feb. 26 by Attorney Meredith Holley as she focuses on:
- How to actively diagnose whether a work environment is toxic or healthy;
- How to make sure you find out right away if a serious problem exists without spending all of your time listening to complaints;
- How to effectively respond to employee issues without losing good employees;
- Why investigations alone are not enough to respond to complaints at work; and
- Why understanding and navigating the power dynamics of the work environment are key skills for every employee to learn in order to stop and prevent toxic work environments.
For more information on these activities, please visit our Facebook page or website at visitsutherlin.com.