The Wellness Initiative for Senior Education (WISE) Program celebrates healthy aging and educates older adults on a variety of topics including safe medication use, communicating effectively with healthcare providers, and strategies for healthy living. WISE is a national program that has been development by the New Jersey Prevention Network.
Individuals who attend the WISE Program will
- Learn about the aging process and how to make healthy lifestyle choices.
- Celebrate this exciting stage of life and all the benefits that come with it
- Discuss risk factors and behaviors older adults should avoid to stay healthy
- Examine how alcohol, prescription medications and over-the-counter medications affect seniors differently and how they can avoid problems
- Learn how to use simple tools to help you feel more empowered about your health and the healthcare you receive
Participants who complete the WISE program will be eligible for free giveaways including a FitBit! (note - must complete 5 or 6 of the session to receive major incentives)