By the time students reach graduation day, many have taken hundreds of tests, written scores of essays, worked through thousands of pencils and made dozens of friends along the way. Such realities only underscore the notion that graduation is worthy of celebration.
Though not everyone may be able to gather this year for a blow-out graduation party, thoughtful gifts can show graduates their accomplishments have not gone unnoticed. The following are nine graduation gift ideas.
- Keepsake blanket: A blanket featuring school colors that’s woven with photos or data about the graduate and graduating class makes a great keepsake.
- Engraved compass: Finding one’s new direction will take time and a symbolic compass with inspirational words can help guide graduates on their future quests.
- Jewelry: Gift-givers may want to offer to pay for a school ring or can opt for different jewelry. For example, a necklace with the infinity symbol can represent infinite possibilities ahead. Those who collect charms for bracelets or necklaces can be gifted a graduation-themed charm.
- Dorm room essentials: Graduates going on to college will need a starter pack of essentials. A personalized tote bag filled with toiletries, linens and more will help graduates outfit their dorm rooms in style.
- Inspirational art: Graduates may want to revamp their bedrooms or decorate new dorm rooms. Framed inspirational verses, sayings or images can make ideal gifts.
- Blue-blocking eyeglasses: Blue-blocking lenses protect eyes from the harsh effects of blue light emitted from screens, a big benefit in an era when students and professionals spend ample time with their devices.
- Meal subscription service: In addition to gifting a cooking appliance like a slow cooker or air fryer, giving grads a subscription to a meal delivery service may help them transition to life without mom’s cooking or the dining hall.
- Streaming service: Graduates can benefit from any number of streaming television and movie services to stay entertained while commuting or relaxing around the dorm with friends.
- Luggage: Whether students intend to take a gap year before college or enjoy a summer break before looking for their first job out of school, young adults will always get use out of a set of luggage or a carry-on bag.
Gifts for grads evolve throughout the years, but many gifts have withstood the test of time.