Two more Douglas County residents have died of COVID-19.
The Douglas County COVID-19 Response Team reported the deaths Wednesday of a 74-year-old woman and a 71-year-old woman. The former was diagnosed Feb. 1 and died Feb. 17. The latter was diagnosed Feb. 8 and died Tuesday.
The two deaths bring the county’s death toll to 53.
The response team reported 27 new cases Wednesday.
Seniors are being asked to first contact their regular providers to see if they are offering vaccination appointments. If they are not, the next step is to call health clinics and pharmacies on the list of vaccinators.
The response team reported it has expanded the group of health care providers and pharmacies that have agreed to give vaccinations.
The current list of local vaccinators includes:
- Albertsons Pharmacy, Roseburg
- Safeway Pharmacy, Roseburg
- Dr. Angela Jones, Roseburg
- Umpqua Valley Internists, Roseburg
- Aviva Health at Glide, Myrtle Creek, Drain, Roseburg and Sutherlin
- Bi-Mart Pharmacies in Roseburg, Sutherlin and Winston
- Canyonville Health & Urgent Care
- Dr. Christine Seals, Roseburg
- Confederated Tribes of Coos, Lower Umpqua and Siuslaw Indians
- Costco Pharmacy, Roseburg
- Current Orthodontics, Roseburg
- Douglas County Fire District 2, Roseburg
- Evergreen Family Medicine, Roseburg
- Excellence in Women’s Healthcare, Roseburg
- Family Tree Medical Clinic, Roseburg
- Fred Meyer Pharmacy, Roseburg
- Genoa Healthcare Pharmacy, Roseburg
- Dr. Gerald Jaworski, Roseburg
- Glendale Ambulance District
- Gordon’s Pharmacy and Gifts, Canyonville
- Kidsdocs, Roseburg
- Lower Umpqua Hospital, Reedsport
- CHI Mercy Medical Center, Roseburg
- North River Pediatrics, Roseburg
- Nova Health, Roseburg
- One Peak Medical Clinic, Roseburg
- SouthRiver Community Health Center, Winston
- Steelhead Oncology, Roseburg
- Two Rivers Integrative Medicine, Roseburg
- Umpqua Health, Newton Creek, Roseburg
- Umpqua Valley Ambulance, Roseburg
- Valley Ridge Family Medicine, Roseburg
In addition, the Roseburg VA Medical Center is offering vaccines to veterans and Cow Creek Band of Umpqua Tribe of Indians is offering vaccines to its members.
Vaccinations for all these outlets are by appointment only, and not all facilities signed up have their vaccines yet. No walk-in vaccinations are being offered.
There are still many more people seeking vaccines locally than there are available doses.
Currently, seniors 70 and older are eligible for vaccines and seniors 65 and older will become eligible Monday.
About 9.4% of Douglas County residents have been vaccinated, according to the Oregon Health Authority.
To date, 10,595 people have been vaccinated locally, the health authority reported. That figure does not include vaccinations given at the Roseburg VA.
Statewide, 858,481 vaccinations have been given.
The Oregon Health Authority reported 437 new cases statewide and 32 new deaths Wednesday. That raises the state’s death toll to 2,194.
According to the Oregon Health Authority’s weekly outbreak report, the outbreak at Rose Haven Nursing Center is now at 54 cases, up two from last week. There were no new deaths at the facility this week, leaving the total at one.
Chantele’s Loving Touch Memory Care’s outbreak had no new cases, standing firm at five.
Umpqua Valley Nursing & Rehabilitation Center has a new nine case outbreak, first reported Feb. 16.
The largest of the workplace outbreaks is at CHI Mercy Medical Center. It added two cases for a total of 72, the most recent reported Feb. 8.
Swanson Group Manufacturing in Glendale’s outbreak has mushroomed from 12 to 25, the most recent reported Feb. 18.
Keller Lumber’s outbreak added three for a total 17, the most recent Feb. 14.
Aviva Health had no new cases. It stood firm at 11, the most recent Jan. 29.
SouthRiver Community Health Center, Winston, added no new cases, remaining at nine, the most recent Feb. 11.
Huffman & Wright Logging Company, Canyonville, remained at eight, the most recent Feb. 5.
The recent outbreak at Roseburg VA Medical Center, Roseburg remained at seven cases, the most recent Feb. 14.
Advanced Skin Center and Dermatology, Roseburg, remained at five cases, the most recent Jan. 29.
Bailey Veterinary Clinic, Roseburg, also remained at five cases, the most recent Jan. 30.