A Roseburg woman suffered severe burns and her trailer sustained heavy fire damage after butane was ignited by a pilot light in southeast Roseburg Monday night.

The woman, 51-year-old Sirena Yost, was reportedly attempting to use the butane along with PVC pipe to extract marijuana oil when the butane settled to the floor and was ignited by the refrigerator's pilot light.

Yost was transported to CHI Mercy Medical Center for treatment for the burns on her legs, and admitted to Roseburg police that she was using an open-loop system to attempt to extract the marijuana oil, the police report said. 

Yost was cited and released for unlawful manufacturing of a marijuana item.

Donovan Brink can be reached at dbrink@nrtoday.com and 541-957-4219.

React to this story:

0
4
1
2
1

Cops and Courts Reporter

Donovan Brink is the cops and courts reporter for The News-Review.

Recommended for you

(1) comment

melrosereader

Sheesh

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.