LOTUS MEDIA GROUP LLC
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
- Winners will be selected by contestant be drawn at random by registering at www.nrtoday.com and submitting an online entry form, or by submitting entry forms by mail to The News-Review, 345 NE Winchester Street, Roseburg, OR 97470, in each case as specified in connection with a specific contest of The News-Review. All mailed entries may be mailed to The News-Review at 345 NE Winchester Street, Roseburg, OR 97470 with a self-addressed envelope stamped envelope.
- Individuals may pick up a free copy of The News-Review from our office located at 345 NE Winchester St. Roseburg, OR 97470. Office is open Monday-Friday 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Odds of winning depend on the number of entries.
- No purchase is necessary.
- Contestants must be legal U.S. residents.
- Contestants must be at least 18 years old or as otherwise specified in specific contest rules.
- Present employees of The News-Review, and their immediate family members or households (persons living at the same address), are not eligible to participate and may not win any contest associated with The News-Review.
- The News-Review reserves the right to disqualify any entry or revoke any prize if the contestant does not meet any or all of the eligibility requirements.
- The News-Review and its sponsors are not responsible for late, lost, damaged, incomplete, misdirected, illegible or mutilated entries.
- All of The News-Review contestants, whether entry is by U.S. mail, via its web site, or in response to in print contests, are limited to one winner per household or immediate family per contest within a 30-day period.
- Winners of prizes valued at more than $600 must wait a total of three (3) months before becoming eligible to win additional prizes from The News-Review.
- The News-Review is not responsible for any failure of communications, failure of the Internet or its web sites, or allegation of telephone difficulties
- Any tie will be broken by random drawing from among the tied, qualified entries. The drawing will be conducted by The News-Review, and the results of the drawing are final.
- Winners will be notified by phone, or by mail. Winners that cannot be contacted within five (5) business days by reasonable means will be disqualified.
- Prizes must be claimed in person at The News-Review office at 345 NE Winchester Street, Roseburg, OR 97470, claimed between 9AM and 5PM, Monday through Friday (except holidays), unless otherwise specified. Proper identification (e.g., valid driver’s license, passport, state ID, or military ID) is required. Prizes may be mailed at the discretion of The News-Review. The News-Review is not responsible for problems occurring within the postal system which may affect winners’ receipt of prizes or receipt of winning notices. Unless otherwise stated, prizes not claimed within seven (7) days of winning become the property of The News-Review.
- In certain “unique situations,” a designated representative will be allowed to accept a prize for the winner. Written authorization from the winner including the representative’s name, ID, and a photocopy of the winner’s driver’s license or other valid government-issued ID is required. The News-Review will determine what constitutes a “unique situation.”
- All winning contestants are required to acknowledge acceptance of these contest rules either by signing a The News-Review winner release form, or by acceptance of a prize by mail if the prize is not picked up at The News-Review office.
- Winning contestants must show proof of social security numbers to The News-Review for any prize. This is for tax recording purposes only, and will not be used or released for any other purpose.
- An IRS 1099 MISC form will be completed and filed with the Internal Revenue Service for every prize (or combination of winnings) valued at $600 or more during the calendar year. All local, state and federal taxes are the sole responsibility of the winner.
- All prizes are described by The News-Review either in print, or via The News-Review’s web site. Each prize has a predetermined value which is not negotiable.
- No substitution or other consideration, including cash, for the stated prize may be claimed. All prizes are non-transferable. In the event that a winner chooses not to accept a prize, he or she forfeits all claim to that prize. The News-Review then has the right, at its discretion, to award that prize to a contest runner-up or not to award the prize.
- The News-Review reserves the right to substitute a prize of similar value in the event of unavailability of a prize.
- The News-Review and its affiliates are not responsible for any changes or cancellations to a ticketed event for which passes or tickets have been awarded and no substitute prizes will be awarded.
- As a condition of participation in the contest, a contestant grants The News-Review the right, in its discretion, to reproduce, publicize, broadcast or post on its web sites his or her name, likeness, recorded voice and/or photograph or video for promotional purposes and for all matters relating to the contestant’s entry or contest participation without compensation.
- As a condition to accepting a prize, winner acknowledges that The News-Review and its affiliates are not responsible for any harm, injury, or damage caused to any person or property, proximate or otherwise, through the use of any prize by any person, and agrees to save and hold harmless The News-Review, its affiliates, its principals, agents and employees from any claim of such responsibility. “Harm, injury, or damage” includes but is not limited to occurrences beyond the control of The News-Review such as bodily injury or theft, expiration of an item or a prize, and cancellation or alteration of an event.
- Participation in the contest constitutes the entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to abide by these Official Rules.
- All contests entries become the property of The News-Review. The News-Review may withhold any contest materials needed to complete the contest.
- The contest is void where prohibited by law.
- Basic contest rules and addenda, or any other contest rules, are available for review by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Contest Rules, The News-Review, 345 NE Winchester Street, Roseburg, OR 97470; or may be viewed on its web site at: www.nrtoday.com
- Additions or deletions to these rules may be made at the discretion of The News-Review, and may be made at any time. Additional rules pertaining to specific contests may supplement or supersede these rules.
- All decisions of The News-Review are final and binding in all matters related to the contest.
Date the Official Contest Rules were last modified: February 21st , 2019
APPLE DOES NOT SPONSOR AND IS NOT INVOLVED WITH OUR CONTESTS OR SWEEPSTAKES IN ANY WAY.